home about mentions resources work shop

Thursday 12 April 2012

a virtual rest


Anyone who's ever followed any of my blogs will know that I'm not the most consistent of bloggers, with frequent big gaps in my posting regularity. But the alert amongst you may have realised that it's been unusually long since my last post in mid-February.
There's no one single reason for this. Maybe it's just a touch of virtual fatigue - I simply can't be faffed with all the blogging and tweeting and flickring and pinteresting, or following this blog or that blog and leaving comments everywhere, or editing photos and uploading for a post which always takes an age. Maybe I'm just tired of all this virtual etiquette that one seems to have to follow along with simply to get noticed and so my Etsy shop will thrive. Maybe I simply don't have time, now that Leo, my nearly two-year-old son needs that much more attention each day and I just want to make the most of these precious moments. Or maybe it's because there is too much reality to deal with here in Greece right now, when pensioners are killing themselves in a country where you simply don't do that and my husband doesn't know if he'll have a job three months down the line... (actually there is a big change coming up, but more of that in time)
It's a bit of all of the above, but right now I prefer to spend my time in the real world and when time allows to do nothing more than a relaxing bit of knitting or crochet which I've recently found a renewed passion for.
In time, I hope to be back with something fresh and new to share with you, and to reacquaint myself with my lovely circle of virtual buddies - who are among the most talented and inspiring people I know (you know who you are girls) but until I have more time on my hands to be able to dedicate to a project properly I'll be limiting myself to a few posts on Facebook and a few pins on Pinterest.
Hope to see you later in the year!

4 comments:

  1. I hear you. I know all of what you're saying all too well. Don't fret about us. Live your life and be in the moment with Leo and your hubby.

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your break from the virtual world. Enjoy your family and precious moments, way more important anyway. I understand your situation there in Greece is pretty unstable. It seems the governments of the world have just completely lost touch with what real people need. Fat cats get fatter and the rest have to suffer! Take care ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally get it...though your presence is missed! I'm saving up security envelopes for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I really loved your blog, but it appears that you have put a lot more work into it. I will keep your blog in my twitter so I can come back and see it again when it has some new information. Good subject!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... its always nice to hear from you so please do leave a comment.

Leanda :)