home about mentions resources work shop

Thursday 21 February 2013

say hello to a new bird

Have you noticed any changes around here of late? I've spent an awful long time pondering over what to do about my 'brand'. Having just come out of a year long hiatus (last year involved a lot of moving around) I felt the need for a fresh look and fresh work (coming soon-ish). I have to admit that One Little Bird is not a name I particularly like. I chose it on a whim in about five seconds flat as I knew that if I spent a long time thinking about it, it would never get done. And there's far too many birds on things, aren't there? I've been toying with the idea of just using my own name, but I've finally made up my mind (thank the heavens) to stick with One Little Bird as it's a name I've come to be associated with and I've already spent this long building things up. But something needed to change. I felt the old bird was a bit 'lifeless' (am I the only one who feels like that on a daily basis). I needed something with a little more personality. So here he is. My new yellow birdy.






























 He's based upon the old logo, with a few tweaks here and there...


...and I discovered (didn't take a genius) that if I rotate his body on his legs by 45 degrees he looks either ahead or down. His eye can turn in any direction too - watch the header at the top of the blog for a few seconds for the whole shebang. Just these tiny little movements bring him to life and I now feel I have a logo that can be applied to many different things in a myriad of ways (I've already got a germ of any idea for a children's book featuring him). He's starting to appear around the web on my various social media sites and shops.

Anyway, I do hope you like him. I'd love to hear what you think of him and the rest of the changes I've made to the place (another change I've made is that I've shortened my blog name to olbstudio - it's a bit snappier and less stuff to type in). I've got some plans in the pipeline for a new website, but that's turning out to be more of a challenge than I first thought, so not for a while just yet. In the meantime, if you'd like to put a bird on your desktop with a handy reminder of the new blog URL, I've made a desktop wallpaper for you all. Just follow the links for your size and download.

2560x1440 // 1680x1050 // 1440x900 // 1280x800 // iPad // iPhone


1 comment:

  1. Leanda, your new little yellow bird is a real eye catcher. I love the way that he can be animated, showing how alert he is to all things fun and stylish and well made.

    Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... its always nice to hear from you so please do leave a comment.

Leanda :)