home about mentions resources work shop

Friday 11 November 2011

what happened when...

It seems so long ago that I can hardly believe it's only 5 months since our (second) wedding. The first three months of the year were taken up with preparations and completing paperwork. We had to do a low-budget affair, so it was down to me to design our wedding invite (in Greek and English of course), make all the wedding favours and arrange the flowers. Not that I didn't love every minute of it, and with a little help from my friends, here's a taster of what I did...
Our church was right in the middle of a big park. Infact it was one of two churches in the park, so there was no choice but to add a map to the back of the invite.
I printed and folded 200 paper boats for Leonidas... it was his christening too... and we filled them with cashew nuts!
George has a small olive grove in Crete, so we filled 200 little bottles with his olive oil round which we tied a label to match the invite with green ribbons.
I also made little matchbook seed packs filled with sunflower seeds!
Here's me arranging flowers... I was a florist way back in the 90s and it was lovely to work with flowers again!
The bouquet...
... and even a few blooms left to go next to the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by... its always nice to hear from you so please do leave a comment.

Leanda :)